Chapter one
12.30 pm. A slight
drizzle is tapping against the window of Tom and Joe's Portland condo. Tom
looks longingly out the window at the driveway three floors down, his rosemary
scented perfume fills the air. Tom has cooked cottage pie for their anniversary
dinner. It has now become cold. Suddenly, three strong knocks emanate from the
front door. Tom rushes to the door, arms flung wide open, ready to receive a
firm hug from Joe Lowe; he always loves it what he grasps his buttocks and
whispers in his ear “hello baby boy”. Before Tom can fully open the door, Joe kicks
it open in his impatience. “Hello dear” Tom says with a tinge of worry in his
voice, “Is everything ok?”
“No it is not bloody ok” Replies Joe with angst.
“Well I’m sorry to hear that darling” Tom says while placing
his strong, manly hands on Joe’s bony shoulders, “Come, sit down and eat the
fabulous meal I cooked for us. It’s our anniversary don’t you know”
“I ate earlier” Joe states.
“Are you kidding me? I slave away all day in the kitchen, trying
to make this day special”
“Well I’m not hungry”
“You know Joe, sometimes I feel like you don’t love me like
you use too” Joe doesn’t reply.
“Answer me” Tom shouts, his voice breaking halfway through
as he tries to shield the tears streaming from his eyes. Joe proceeds to pour
himself a glass of wine. “Answer me Joe… Or it’s over”
“Don’t you say that” Tom turns his back to Joe “I just wish –“
Joe passionately grabs Tom around the waist before he can finish. “Don’t you
say that… baby boy”
I absolutely love it. So what is Joe hiding then?
ReplyDeleteYeah what is Joe hiding!?! Is this from a personal experience or complete fiction can i ask? ps. it's great the way we learn little quips about the characters.
ReplyDeletepps. its great the fact that you've not used a gender stereotype in this piece! it makes it stand out